John Eberhart is a true “Yalie”. Besides working at Yale University for nearly three decades, he received his master’s degree at Yale.
John grew up in the Midwest near Columbus, Ohio. He graduated from The Ohio State University with a Bachelor of Science in Architecture, then came to Yale University to earn a master’s degree in Architecture. This was John’s introduction to Yale, and he never left. He has been at Yale in various roles for 27 years.
In his current position, he is Director of Technology Support Services at the Yale School of Medicine, and his team supports the following initiatives:
- Health Campus IT Services Center Modernization
- Campus Wide Freezer Monitoring
- Positron Emission Tomography (PET) Center’s next generation network (NGN) migration
- New Cost Model Assessment for YSM Desktop Support
- YSM Space and AV Equipment Inventory
- YSM Hybrid AV prototype
- Service Now Dashboards for IT and AV for Techs, Lead Administrators, and our Technology Support Management Team
How do you spend your spare time?
“When not with my son, I enjoy cooking and fabrication work.”
What is your favorite Yale Memory?
“It must be the first week Student Initiation for the Yale School of Architecture and the subsequent all-night party in September of 1995.”